Monday, December 22, 2008

An Extra-Ordinary Sunday



Sunday is not always sunny. Even if it is sunny on Sunday not everybody would like to rise and shine as early as they normally do on Sunday, and as a norm to many of the people on Sunday, people would love to sleep until the sun is 90 degrees above their head as what Malays said “tidur sampai meninggi hari”. Last Saturday I’ve received SMS from my friend informing me that there will be a gathering for those member of Malaysian Classic Scooter Online Forum that will be held at Amcorp Mall. My heart at first were very divided whether I want to join this gathering or not. But at last I’ve decided to join it as to show my commitment towards the forum and to meet those who have the same enthusiasm as I do. I’ve arrived at amcorp mall nearly at three and there were several Vespas by the side of the lake. We move to A&W restaurant just in front of the amcorp mall, as what history has been written this A&W located at Taman Jaya is the second outlet of A&W in Malaysia and among the famous outlet in Malaysia especially in the 60’s (I can imagine those youngsters riding their lambretta and vespa visiting this outlet in the 60’s as what we did that day). To know more, this is what I found at Wikipedia:-

“A&W's first store in Asia Pacific opened at Kuala Lumpur's Batu Road (now known as Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman) in 1963. It was also the first fast food corporation from the United States to set foot in the country. However, A&W had a declining business era from 1997 - 2000. The most famous A&W outlet in Malaysia is undoubtedly the drive-in outlet near Taman Jaya, Petaling Jaya, a satellite city of Kuala Lumpur. It opened in 1965 and quickly became a favourite gathering place for students, especially from the nearby Assunta and La Salle Secondary Schools. The unique A&W root beer mug was often "collected" by these young customers. It was also a favorite filming location for Malaysian movies during the 1970s and early 1980s. Customers from the 1970s will recall Tuesdays as Coney Dog Day. Just like in Bangladesh, the food at Malaysian A&W outlets is 100% halal.”


This gathering has set another milestone to the Malaysian Classic Scooter Online Forum and I really hope that I can join more gathering like this in the future. To all my new friend, thank you for sharing your precious knowledge with me. Walaupun pak cik yang dekat tasik tu panggil vespa aku macam beca tapi aku tak kisah sebab aku memang suka style vespa yang macam tu. “We are the mods” hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment