Saturday, December 20, 2008

First Striping Project. (This is not a strip show!)



Internet has been a very good source nowadays for you to get as much information about restoring Lambretta. Not only that, you can always watch videos at youtube in order for you to know how to strip Lambretta body parts, I’m quit amaze when I surf youtube website and found videos about how to strip your Lambretta off and what amaze me more is that this videos is originally from the 60’s, you can always check this videos out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR2IesJHFU8.

After inspecting my engine and body parts, I start my restoration project with striping off the rear footboard, fuel tank, carburettor, air filter and fuel cork, this process took me about 2 hours to get it done due to my inability of understanding which parts to be stripped off first (first timer is always like that!). The fuel cork is still the original fuel cork that came together with this Lambretta when it was made in the year 1961. The air filter is totally wrecked! Therefore I need the new one to replace this. I can see that the fuel tank especially at the bottom of the tank is full with dirt and rust (No wonder it’s always stuck at the fuel cork). Nothing much I can do at the moment since I need more info about stripping the lambretta body parts. I don’t want to become as what we Malays say “Macam tikus membaiki labu” or “Like rat fixing the pumpkin” to portray those who don’t know how to do things but just do it until it become horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment